The WV Association of Conservation District Poster Contest is modeled after the NACD Poster Contest. WVACD rules may vary slightly, so please review them carefully. For more information about the contest go to: http://www.nacdnet.org/education/contests/poster/2013
The WV Association of Conservation District Poster Contest is open to kindergarten through twelfth grade students.
District winners in each category are eligible to complete in the state contest.
One poster from each district may be entered in each of the following grade categories: K-1, 2-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12.
The state selects a poster for entering in each of the grade divisions and submits it to NACD. The state does not have to enter a poster for every grade level.
Each entry must have the entry form filled out, signed by guardian or parent and attached to the back of the poster. Failure to do this will result in disqualification.
WVACD Contest Theme
The WV Association of Conservation District Poster Contest theme coincides with the NACD theme.
WVACD Contest Rules
The contest rules were created so as not to limit or revise the current rules of local and state conservation poster contests:
- Any media may be used to create a flat or two-dimensional effect (paint, crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, paper or other materials).
- Poster size for K-1, 2-3, 4-6, must be 14" x 22" (half sheet)
- Poster size for 7-9, 10-12 must be 22" x 28". (full sheet)
- The 2013 Stewardship title "Where does your water shed?" must be on your poster (Don't use any other title).
- A completed entry form must be attached to the back of the poster.
- Posters should be packaged so they remain flat when sent for judging.
- Each entry must have been evaluated at each conservation district's most recent competition prior to the state evaluation.
- All posters must be created by an individual student rather than a team of students.
- Although younger students will most likely receive help in planning from parents or teachers, WVACD and NACD encourages each student to do as much of the work as possible by him/herself.
- Posters must be judged at the district and state level to be eligible to complete in National level. Individual posters can not be sent for national judging by individuals. They must follow their state's contest rules and deadlines.
- Entries from districts must be received by the for judging by July 9, 2013. Judging occurs on July 9, 2013. Contact your local district for the deadline of their contest.
- Each entry must have the Entry form filled out and signed by guardian or parent to be judged. Forms are available at http://www.nacdnet.org/dmdocuments/Poster_State_Entries_To_National_Contest_2013_NACD-1_pub_0001.pdf
WVACD Poster Evaluations
Poster Contest entries are reviewed by judges. The posters are evaluated on the
- Conservation message (50 percent)
- Visual effectiveness (30 percent)
- Originality (10 percent) and
- Universal appeal (10 percent).
The 1st Place winner in each category will receive $50 and be recognized at the
annual award conference.