The fourteen (14) Conservation Districts utilize a public competitive bid process for project contracts above $2,500.00. These projects include, but are not limited to, Flood Recovery/Stream Blockage Removal; 319 Non-point Source projects; and Operation, Maintenance, and Repair on flood control structures. These projects are site specific. In order to complete these projects, the Districts will hold Job Showings.
All bidders/contractors are welcome and encouraged to attend District Job Showings.
Small and minority businesses, women's business enterprises, and labor surplus area firms are highly encouraged to participate in every Job Showing.
Job Showing Attendance Is Mandatory
Project Specifications, Drawings, and Bid Packets are received at the job showing only
To be eligible to bid on project contracts, bidders/contractors must be present at the job showing and must arrive prior to the listed Job Showing Start Time to receive the Bid Packet documents.
Contractors arriving after the Job Showing Start Time will not be permitted to participate.
THE CONTRACTOR MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN THEIR BID PACKET:
|1. Bid Schedule Sheet||Provided at Job Showing|
|2. Company/Business Data Sheet||Provided at Job Showing|
|3. No Debt Affidavit||Provided at Job Showing|
|4. Business License||Requried on all contracts|
|5. Certificate of liability Insurance||Requried on all contracts|
|6. *Contractor's License||Requried on all contracts except grass mowing contracts|
|7. *Identify slope mowing equipment and provide manufacturer's specifications for horizontal slope mowing capability||Only required for grass mowing contracts|
|8. *Bid Guarantee||Required on Construciton Projects|
|9. *Drug Free Workplace Confirmation Affidavit||Required on Construction Projects over state threshold|
Bids will be rejected if the required licenses, certificates or documents are omitted.
Any omissions of paperwork or data on the paperwork will cause the bid to be rejected.
Criteria for Contractor's License, Business License, and Certificate of Liability Insurance are as follows:
1. West Virginia Contractors License - Current copy of your West Virginia Contractor’s License
- Classification(s) will come from the approved West Virginia Division of Labor Contractor Licensing list.
- The required classification(s) will be listed in the Job Show Posting for each project.
2. West Virginia Business License - All bidders/contractors will be licensed to do business in West Virginia.
3. Certificate of Liability Insurance - Bidders/Contractors will submit proof of standard Liability Insurance.
During the bid evaluation the contract specialist will ensure all proper documentation listed above is received and accurate.
The evaluation process will also verify the contractor is in good standing with:
1. State Debarred Vendor list
2. Federal debarment or Suspension list
3. Default on Unemployment Taxes
4. Employer Violations List for Unemployment Taxes
5. Default on Workers' Compensation
6. Employer Violators List for Workers' Compensation
Federal Funding:If Federal Funding is involved/attached to the contracted project, additional Federal Procurement Rules and Regulations will apply.
Job Show Posting - Updates, Postponements and Cancellations:Contractors are encouraged to routinely check for updates to locations and times (including postponement and cancellation) up to 24 hours prior to the Job Showing Date.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listed upcoming projects:
No Upcoming Projects