The fourteen (14) Conservation Districts utilize a public competitive bid process for project contracts above $2,500.00. These projects include, but are not limited to, Flood Recovery/Stream Blockage Removal; 319 Non-point Source projects; and Operation, Maintenance, and Repair on flood control structures. These projects are site specific. In order to complete these projects, the Districts will hold Job Showings.
All bidders/contractors are welcome and encouraged to attend District Job Showings.
Small and minority businesses, women's business enterprises, and labor surplus area firms are highly encouraged to participate in every Job Showing.
Job Showing Attendance Is Mandatory
Project Specifications, Drawings, and Bid Packets are received at the job showing only
To be eligible to bid on project contracts, bidders/contractors must be present at the job showing and must arrive prior to the listed Job Showing Start Time to receive the Bid Packet documents.
Contractors arriving after the Job Showing Start Time will not be permitted to participate.
THE CONTRACTOR MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN THEIR BID PACKET:
|1. Bid Schedule Sheet||Provided at Job Showing|
|2. Company/Business Data Sheet*||Provided at Job Showing|
|3. No Debt Affidavit||Provided at Job Showing|
|4. West Virginia State Tax Department Business Registration Certificate||Required on all contracts|
|5. Certificate of liability Insurance||Required on all contracts|
|6. *Contractor's License||Required on all contracts except grass mowing contracts|
|7. *Identify slope mowing equipment and provide manufacturer's specifications for horizontal slope mowing capability||Only required for grass mowing contracts|
|8. *Bid Guarantee||Required on Construction Projects|
|9. *Drug Free Workplace Confirmation Affidavit||Required on Construction Projects over state threshold|
* Now Requires you to provide your Federal ID Number and your Unemployment Account Number.
Bids will be rejected if the required licenses, certificates or documents are omitted.
Any omissions of paperwork or data on the paperwork will cause the bid to be rejected.
Criteria for Contractor's License, Business License, and Certificate of Liability Insurance are as follows:
(click on criteria for link to more information)
1. West Virginia Contractors License - Current copy of your West Virginia Contractor’s License
- Classification(s) will come from the approved West Virginia Division of Labor Contractor Licensing list.
- The required classification(s) will be listed in the Job Show Posting for each project.
2. West Virginia Business Registration Certificate - All bidders/contractors will be licensed to do business in West Virginia. A copy of your certificate must be submitted with bid. Also, bidder/contractor must be registered with West Virginia Secretary of State and WorkForce West Virginia (Unemployment Compensation).
3. Certificate of Liability Insurance - Bidders/Contractors willsubmit proof of standard Liability Insurance.
4. West Virginia State Tax Department Statement of Good Standing - The bidder/contractor will request for Letter of Good Standing from the West Virginia State Tax Department. This is accomplished by completing a GSR-01 form located at either the MyTaxes website or the West Virginia State Tax Department website.
If you have a MyTaxes account, you may complete this form from your My Taxes account. The form is found under the "I Want To" section. This option allows the response to the Good Standing Request https://mytaxes.wvtax.gov/?link=gsr to be viewed and printed next business day following the completion of the account review.
If you are not currently registered for MyTaxes, you may register now by visiting our MyTaxes website https://mytaxes.wvtax.gov/ , and then selecting the "Don't have a logon? Register here" link. Please note: A GSR-01 request via a MyTaxes account offers the quickest turnaround time.
A second option is to complete the GSR-01from our website https://tax.wv.gov/Documents/TaxForms/gsr01.pdf . Please note that the response will be sent via US Mail to the address on file.
Once the letter of good standing is received, the bidder/contractor will place a copy in their bid packet
During the bid evaluation the contract specialist will ensure all proper documentation listed above is received and accurate.
The evaluation process will also verify the contractor is in good standing with:
1. State Debarred Vendor list
2. Federal debarment or Suspension list
3. Default on Unemployment Taxes
4. Employer Violations List for Unemployment Taxes
5. Default on Workers' Compensation
6. Employer Violators List for Workers' Compensation
Federal Funding:If Federal Funding is involved/attached to the contracted project, additional Federal Procurement Rules and Regulations will apply.
Job Show Posting - Updates, Postponements and Cancellations:Contractors are encouraged to routinely check for updates to locations and times (including postponement and cancellation) up to 24 hours prior to the Job Showing Date.
Information from sources other than this web page regarding Conservation District job postings may not be accurate. The WVCA and Conservation Districts assume no liability for contractors who rely on information about these job postings from another source.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Listed upcoming projects: